What causes difficulty in breathing?

This occurrence has never happened to me before but yesterday night as I was in bed and about to go to sleep, my breathing was slow and a bit painful when I tried to breathe. Somehow I could hear my heartbeats. I don t expect a full detailed explanation but I want to know what I was being exposed to. I have asthma and my most important question is Do I have to see my physician to get a diagnosed treatment or is this normal?
Tue, 16 Dec 2014
HI
Well come to HCM
If you have a history of asthma then this could be due to this only still the symptom can be taken lightly and this need to be investigated and the best is EKG and ECHO, if this turns unremarkable then this is nothing to worry, have a nice day