What causes diarrhoea in a child?

My 15 month old son has had diarrhea for about 4-5 days and it is the worst it has been last night and today. Virus? It is frequent right after eating/drinking. I have cut out cows milk and keeping him on brat diet but it seems nothing is helping. He has terrible diaper rash as a result.
Tue, 4 Apr 2017
HI
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, if the diarrhea is due to viral infection then it may not needs any treatment but great care needs to be taken for dehydration and fever, vomiting, if these symptoms are present then patient may requires the I/V fluids, else the condition is self limiting but close medical observation is really needed hope this information helps.