What causes diarrhea and which medicine is best for stomach cramps?

Hi, Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here...Hi I'm having stomach and bowel issues. I either get bad cramps and/ or rumbling stomach, bad gas that last for a day or two after I eat and it's usually harder to pass my bowels, or I get diahriea within 30 minutes of eating with liquid diahriea. Is there anything to take over the counter for the cramps,rumbling stomach, and gas? And what do you think is causing the diahriea? Is there something that someone could put in my food to cause either of these conditions, and is there any way to combat it?
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The diarrhea with stomach cramps narrate underlying intestine infection, inflammatory bowel condition, intolerance to particular food stuffs or others.

In our clinic, I recommend a thorough systemic work up with detailed history, diet details, physical signs, lab work up and upper GI endoscopy with colonoscopy for finding the root cause and treat accordingly.

Primary relief with plenty of liquids, dietary precautions, probiotics, proton pump inhibitor, such as Omeprazole, antacid formulas till you meet your doctor.

Regards.