What causes diarrhea and cough?

sir i hav a 5 month old baby boy having weight 6.2 kg suffering from cold and cough from 1 wk ,now he was suffering from diarrhoea ,my doctor has advised me to give taximo syrup along with cough syrup , is it correct and what is the cause of diarrhoea .advise me treatment also.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014
Hallo . Thank you for posting your question . There are many causes of that , most common is viral/ bacterial infection . You can continue with that treatment and can also give any probiotic sachet . Give plenty of liquid/ORS to maintain hydration.Hope I have answered your query . If you have any furthur questions I will be happy to help .