What causes diarrhea after the treatment of gonorrhoea?

I went to emergency two weeks ago and found positive of gonorrhea . .. the burning sensation and discharged stopped .. but after the 7 day antibiotics treatment .. I’ve had diarrhea and loss of appetite for days now.. am I not well of the treatment?
Thu, 10 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Diarrhea is a common side effect of antibiotics. Some advice that I can give to you are :

- Drink enough fluids. To counter a mild loss of fluids from diarrhea.
- Choose soft and easy to digest foods. These include applesauce, bananas, and rice.
- Consider taking probiotics.
- Take over the counter medications such as Imodium.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi