What causes diarrhea after a foot surgery?

I had foot surgery @month ago. Don't know if that is related to the loose, watery stools I am having about every 1/2 to 1 hour. There is small amount of blood and mucous looking. Not like the diarrhea i have experienced but I do need to get to the restroom quickly.
Mon, 18 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Symptom of diarrhea may not be due to the surgery of foot but it could be due to the medicine (antibiotic ) that you must have taken, second it could be due to intestinal infection and protozoa is very likely, I would suggest to try single dose of Secnidazole, ideally stool needs to be sent for culture sensitivity test.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.