What causes delayed periods?

Hi I had the coil in for almost 4 years after my first son. My Husband and I are trying for another baby, and I got coil removed 16th october last year . I never had a period when I had the coil in for the 4 years and I got my first one on 16th November , and the have being 24 to 28!days each month I'm now 2 days late and tests are negative and I've symptoms that I am preggie HELP
Sat, 15 Feb 2014
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Pregnancy tests look for the HCG hormone. The levels of this hormone increase as pregnancy progresses.
Pregnancy tests can normally detect this hormone by 11 to 14 days after conception. There are some tests that can detect pregnancy earlier because they pick up lower levels.

If the test was done at the appropriate time, it is likely accurate. You can consider repeating if you wish to recheck.

I hope this helps