What causes delay in menstruation , rapid heart rate and fever?

I am 5-10 days late for my period. Prego tests say negative. Went to donate plasma today and got deferred because my temp was 99.7 and my pulse was 110. I couldn t feel my heart racing and wasn t nervous or anything so I have no idea why the vitals are so off... Could they have a connection to my missed period?
Mon, 25 Jul 2016
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Delayed periods can be due to pregnancy or hormonal disturbances like hypothyroidism, hyperprolactemia or polycystic ovarian disease, or due to stress.
However, if the pregnancy test is negative, then the pregnancy is ruled out.
High temperature and increased heart rate is completely unrelated to delayed periods.
It can be viral infection.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN