What causes dark brown vaginal spotting while on Duphaston?

i have an early spotting 3 days after my ovualiton and have intercourse with my husband..i have a thick endometrium based on my ultrasound...im on the 9th day taking duphaston..my doctor said im going to take it in 10 days,,twice a day.. i notice since on my third day of taking it a have a dark brown spotting till im my 8th day..then on my 9th day after taking duphaston in the morning when i pee i saw a red and dark brown discharge with a blood smell is it my period?i try to take a pregnancy test early morning but its still negative..im woried why it happened?
Wed, 4 Sep 2019

Brown blood indicates that it is not fresh blood, but old blood. Are you sure you are not pregnant, because in pregnancy sometimes brownish discharge is seen. If you are 100% sure you are not pregnant, then stricture at the opening of cervix could prevent free flow of blood from uterus during menstruation leading to some blood remaining in the uterine cavity which oozes out later as brownish to dark brown discharge.

I think it will be a good idea to visit a gynecologist and get a thorough examination and ultrasound study if indicated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon