What causes continuous menstrual bleeding?

Hi,I just ended my period 4 days ago and yesterday and today I have random heavy bleeding that does not look like a regular period it is very bright red and continuous flowing for minutes (almost uncontrollable). I have never had this happen before and I am worried. I am not taking any medications and this did happen the morning after I went out and drank alcohol.
Tue, 25 Sep 2018

Nothing much to worry as it can happen normally and will settle by itself.

As the first line of management, you can take drugs like Tranexamic Acid for symptomatic relief.

If bleeding persists better to consult a gynecologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,