• question-icon

What causes constipation,anal bleeding and stomach cramps?

Female 47, 5'5, 172lbs. - Med history is.. high blood pressure, hypothyroid, copd, pulmonary hypertension, take warfarin because 11 months ago had 3 pulmonary embolism's. My question is.. I woke up in the middle of the night with severe cramping & had constipation. As I sat on bowl. I started to sweat, dizziness, very pale and severe cramping like I had to have a bowel movement. Went very little. Still don't feel good today. I am still constipated. I went very little today & it was runny but noticed fresh blood that was not in stool. Anyway, still cramping & now I have tried having a bowel movement and just fresh blood is coming out. Not alot but some of it is clots. So no stool just bright red blood. Should I go to ER? Is it dangerous me being on warfarin?
Mon, 7 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Some advice that I can give to you are:

1) Drink more water.
2) Eat more fiber, especially soluble, non-fermentable fiber.
3) Exercise more.
4) Take Senna, an herbal laxative.
5) Eat probiotic foods or take probiotic supplements.
6) Use over-the-counter or prescription laxative.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi