What causes chronic pain in the trapezius muscle?

HELLO, I HAVE BEEN SLEEPING ON A TEMPURPEDIC MATTRESS FOR ABOUT FOUR MONTHS. NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN I HAVE PAIN IN MY TRAPEZIUS MUSCLE ON RIGHT SIDE REALLY PAINFUL..IT WONT STOP HURTING. I HAVE SWAPPED PILLOWS AND AM NOT SORE IN THE MORNING BUT DURING THE DAY IT STARTS HURTING AND IT IS EXTREMELY PAINFUL. WHAT HAVE I DONE ?
Wed, 13 Apr 2016
Dentist 's  Response

As you are not feeling any pain in the morning and the pain increases as the day passes, it seems that the pain is not related to mattress or pillow. If that was the case, you would feel pain in muscle in morning and not during the day.

It seems that you are probably taking too much work from the muscle or your sitting position during the day might be hurting the muscle. You can take Dan-MR or Hifenac-MR two times a day for 5 days. These will help in relaxaton of the muscle. You can also do heat compression of the area to provide more blood circulation. Topical application of Diclogesic gel (Volini) can help too.

If you do not find relief in five days, you should visit a physician for physical examination.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for choosing HealthCareMagic. Take care.

Best,
Dr. Viraj Shah