What causes chronic diarrhea while on Orni- 500?

Hi doc, I have taken Orni 500 during my first trimester of preganancy. I was having continous loose motion so the physician recommended me this medicine but while reading on internet its suggested tht it is not safe and may create some congenital abnormalities in the baby
Mon, 11 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Unfortunately, it is not clear if this medication has any effect during pregnancy. Some studies indicate that it does not affect the fetus. Therefore, you may not have any issues.

I hope this helps.