What causes chronic cervical pain despite taking Prednisone and Cyclobenzaprine?

I had had chronic cervical pain for 2 years or more. One neuro did a anterior cervical disc replacement and I never got to see him again for 5 months and was told he cannot anything else. Then my family physician put me on Gabepatin and that only relieved the pain for a short time. A rheumatologist wrote a prescription for prednisone and didn t even make another appointment. Now my PC has written a script for Cyclobenzaphine 5 mg. tab.They are are giving me much relief from the pain taken 3X s daily. MY QUESTION IS will my liver or kidneys be in jeopardy if this med is used long term?
Fri, 15 Mar 2019

You have changed many doctors. Every one prescribed you different pain management medicine.

I say all the medicine you have been prescribed is fine. You should consult your doctor for how much time it should be consumed.

Usually, pain management medicine has some effect on body organs over a period of years.

But you are taking 3 times per day. so better to monitor it. All have some physiotherapy regularly as it will help you to regain a normal routine.

Usually, cervical disc problem persists throughout life and lifestyle modifications plus exercise will help you much.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Nirav Nimavat, General & Family Physician