What causes chronic backache after a bowel movement?

Hi I have had chronic Back pain for 20 years. I usually have pain after a bowel movement even though I am not constipated and feel like I have the urge to go even when I can t. I have recently had RF procedure to L4,L5, and S1as well as sacral injections. I am still experiencing pain although I was pain free for about six days. Do these same nerves affect or are they affected due to bowel ? movements?
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Pain after bowel movements and repeated urge are generally not related to disc disease but are generally labelled as irritable bowel syndrome. For this, you have to modify your life style, food habits, etc. by observing what works best for you. Back pain is different. There can be multiple causes. RF ablation may help you at one level but what is going to help you more is exercises program and physiotherapy.

Thanks.