• question-icon

What causes chills, stomach bloating and ear ache while having smoldering myeloma?

I am a 35-year old woman that was recently diagnosed with smoldering myeloma. I have 30% plasma cells, M-spike of 0.7, Kappa Light Chain 46.31, Lamda Light Chain 9.30 with both leukopenia and neutropenia present. I was stricken with pneumonia in April of 2010 and since then I have been struggling with frequent colds, excessive stomach bloating, flu-like symptoms and earaches. Should treatment be considered at this point?
Fri, 18 Sep 2015
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello. since you have repeated infections, the new guidelines advise us to start treatmen in smoldering myeloma if there are repeated infections. We usuallly start treatment in such cases. Prior to that you require again a detailed work up of your disease status. Hope that solves your issue.
regards