What causes chills and diarrhea?

My husband has had diarrhea for two weeks. He has to go as soon as he eats anything, and sometime when he eats nothing, and sometimes he hardly makes it to the toilet. His stools are like water, but there is no trace of blood. At times he has chills.
Mon, 19 Oct 2015
Welcome at HCM
i have gone through your query and being your doctor I completely understand your health concerns....
Based upon the history it appear that he may get a viral infection which is giving him this diarrhoea..... Is there any history of intake of fast food prior to this?
The first and foremost thing is to maintain the adequate hydration along with electrolyte balance.. He should take more fluids with salt . if he is developing fever then he should be prescribed antibiotics....He may also need to use probiotics too.
If he is not improving then he should be seen by his attending doctor for definitive management....he may require to get his FBC along with stool analysis....
May he get well soon
Dr saad Sultan