• question-icon

What causes chest pain and pain in shoulders?

I have had chest pain and pain in my shoulders for close to 3 months now. I have had a colonosopy and endoscopy and both were ok. I had a ekg and ecocardio gram and it was ok. I have never smoked, but when I put my symptoms in on some internet sites, it says I could have everything from broncitus to lung cancer. My gp is convinced that it is anxiety. Im not. If it was anxiety, would that make my chest and shoulders hurt all the time?
Wed, 4 Dec 2019

The chest pain can be related to anxiety. Another possible cause can be rheumatoid arthritis. I suggest checking the rheumatoid blood level for further evaluation.

Meanwhile, I suggest using anti-inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the pain. I also suggest using magnesium supplements for muscle relaxation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician