What causes chest pain and fluctuating troponin levels?

my 46 year old husband is in coronary care at present with chest pain and a troponin level which has been fluctuating between 500 and 1000. angiogram has shown the arteries are clear. they are saying most likely cause is myocarditis and he is awaiting an mri scan of the heart. should we be worried at what seems an unusally high reading of troponin?
Mon, 14 Jan 2019

As the angiogram is normal nothing much to worry about now. Troponin level can be elevated in other conditions also.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician