What causes cellulitis?

Hi my husband was admitted to hospital last night with suspected cellulitis but this morning has been told by nurse its cellulotus. I can t find any information on this but he has no diagnosed blood pressure or health issues and is not on any meds or had any recent injections. Any advice please?
Wed, 25 Sep 2019

Cellulitis is a skin infection that is mostly caused by staphylococcus and streptococcus. Many times, no open wound is noticed in the area and it may be difficult to identify the source of the infection.

The treatment is always with wide spectrum antibiotics which can be given orally and in some cases intramusculary or intravenous.

It is very important that your husband follows the instructions of the doctor when it comes to treatment and follow-up.

I hope this is helpful. I remain at your disposal for further medical assistance.

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj
General and Family Physician