What causes burning sensation on the face?

.i recently woke up about 5am with my face burning for no apparent reason. Still feel the effect almost 12 hours later. I took 1000mgs of niacin and my other medications the night before about 11pm. But have taken it for 2 weeks with no side affect. .
Wed, 5 Sep 2018

Niacin may cause hot flashes and that may be reason for burning sensation. Other possibilities are, like herpes zoster infection or trigeminal neuralgia etc.

Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is.

Decrease the dose of Niacin and then please consult your neurophysician, he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.