• question-icon

What causes burning sensation after urination and dry foreskin?

I am a 29 year old uncircumsized male. About 6 years ago I had a chronic throat infection problem and after 10 months of being on anti biotics and many different tests, I started to develop yeast infections. Common for anti biotic use. My tonsils were removed and I havent had any more throat infections. Until last winter I hadnt had any more yeast infections. I got a yeast infection for what I believe to be the cause of me trying new soap and I didnt wash it off properly, cause I was not sexually active. I bought monistat applied it and with in days it was gone. Then this summer I received another one, again not sexually active. I bought monistat and it was cured. Then this winter about 2 months ago I got another one, again not being sexually active. I got rid of it but then I had a mole on my face that was infected and I was put on antibiotics and a week after the anitbiotics were done I received another yeast infection. I applied monistat for a week as I have always done, and this time I cant get it to go away. Everytime I think its gone it comes back. However now it seems to be getting worse. I went to my doctor last week and he gave me Lotriderm. I applied it as perscribed for a week and no difference. So I went back today and he told me my sugar blood test from a week ago came back normal, my STD tests even though Im not currently active came back normal. Today he did some urine tests and more blood tests. I have had for about a week the urge to urinate almost every 10 15 min and it burns when I urinate. I have the dry cracked skin on the forskin of the penis, the head is red, irratated, the meatus is red and too the left slightly raised and swollen. I normally urinate more then most. However more in the past week if that is even possible. I did the Cancadia spit in the glass test and there are legs and strings. I was prescribe 150 mg 1 pill for 3 days of Dilfulcan. Can I ask you for your thoughts?
Fri, 29 Nov 2019

It may be due to urinary tract infection

For further assessment, you may require urine analysis, complete hemogram after physician consultation.

Keep your self hydrated

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam Kale
Family and general physician