• question-icon

What causes bump on head and bridge of nose also noticed swelling below the eye?

recently spent a week I Florida. Get a bit of sun,not too bad, but felt a bit tender o parts of my bald head and bridge of nose. Did some weeding for my parents, possible bug encounqter, possible plant encounter. . Swan in the Gulf of Mexico. Two days after I got home to NC, I had a TRAIL of bumps on my head and bridge of noae. Next day a pack on my nose the looked like necrosis, shaped in a VARIETY about half inch long., and swelling below one eye That was a week ago. Bumps are starting to break open, some puss colored nodules inside. The necrotic skin still unhealed. No more swelling. Any idea what this is?
Mon, 1 Oct 2018

Perhaps it is a sunburn. I suggest you use a topical steroid and antibiotic combination ointment e.g. Fluticasone propionate 0.05% and Mupirocin 2% ointment, twice daily for a week.

Use a sunscreen before going outdoors.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Kakkar S., Dermatologist