What causes brown vaginal discharge during pregnancy?

hello. I m 25, I am 8 week pregnant with my second child tonight I noticed brown discharge in my underwear, and nothing when I wiped. now 4 hrs later i went pee and when I wiped thre was pinkish brown on the toiletpaper but no blood clots or pain. I will be calling my doctors office in the morning just wondering if this is something normal as my daughter is now 6, my last pregnancy I do not remember this happening! thankyou aleisha brasch
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

First of all do not panic. Your symptoms can be due to some retro placental bleeding or bleeding from cervical erosion. Please get obstetric USG done and gynecology check up done including per speculum and per vaginal examination. This will help to know about the cause of your brown discharge. Take rest. Seek prescription support from your treating doctor for tablet natural micronized progesterone.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.