What causes brown discharge in urine after a colonoscopy?

I HAD A COLONOSCOPY DONE YESTERDAY. I had 6 or 8 polyps taken out. But I am very sore on my lwer left side. I have pain just before I have a bowel movement or gas. They gave me a enema and they hit the spot that has been sore and it was very painful. I also have a brown discharge in my urine. Had my bladder checked and they said it was ok. But the spot is tender when I touch it.
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* As per the surgical experience of mine, the brown discharge of urine is in relation with possible dehydration from lack of oral intake or side effect of certain medicines given after the procedure.
* The tender spot over abdomen is due to procedure related internal organ pain, which settles within few days.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.