What causes bright red rash on forearms to spread to arms/buttocks/ legs/neck/chin?

My son is 9 years old. On Monday his teacher called me to come get him because he has a bright red rash on both of his forearms...outer side not inside. Took him to his pediatrician who then did lab work which all came back fine. Dr said he thought it was Fifth s disease and to bring him back Thursday if no better....it is not better. The rash has spread up his arms, buttocks, back of his legs and some on his neck and chin. He generally seems to feel ok but he didn t have the slapped cheek rash that comes with fifths...so I am concerned that this may not be what he has...help please! Sincerely, B.Foster
Thu, 14 Nov 2019