What causes bright green stool in infants?

My daughter is 18 months old and her alp levels are 4,400+ she has had off again on again viruses with temps above 103 lasting up to 17 days at a time for the past 6 months and now is experiencing really bright green stool... what can cause all of this? They are not wanting to do any more tests till they retest her alp levels in a couple weeks
Wed, 1 Jul 2015
Hi
Welcome to the HCM

I completely understand your concerns. I see such cases in my clinical practice. Alkaline phosphate levels in your daughter are quite high and needs to be immediately investigated. In view of her recurrent illness history you may go for following investigations:

1. Complete blood count and peripheral smear examination
2. C reactive proteins
3. Blood urea nitrogen and serum creatinine
4. Liver function test
5. Serum calcium, phosphorus and repeat alkaline phosphate levels.
6. PTH and 25( OH) D3 Levels.

These tests are to check for rickets and type of rickets if present.
Also, they will help to get a definite treatment for the condition.
For the current illness, start her on oral rehydration therapy such as lemonade, soups or buttermilk and omit milk and milk products.

You may upload your reports for my review as a direct question so that I may help you out.