• question-icon

What causes bowel movement while urinating?

The last few day I have been experiencing flesh like material when I am urinating or having a bowel movement. I was wondering if I should see a Dr. No pain as of yet and no other symptoms. I am a little nervous and was just wondering what it could be. Thank you.
Wed, 25 Jan 2017
Hello
I share your concern.

Looking at your description it doesn't seem to be a serious problem so you need not to worry.

Flash like material at time of urination or bowel movement might be related to hemorroids, anal tag or inflammatory swelling of anal margin.

I would advise you to visit a general surgeon as per your convenience for physical examination, per rectal or proctoscopy examination to establish exact diagnosis and further course of action.

Meanwhile try to avoid constipation and excessive straining during urination or bowel movement.
You can take Laxatives like liquid paraffin or lactulose 30ml at bed time.
You should avoid fatty fried spicy and junk food.

Hope this answers your question please feel free to ask for further clarification I will be happy to help you.
best wishes