What causes boils and sores in private parts of elderly woman?

My mother is wheelchair dependant, she was in pain 2 wks ago, and went to the er, found out she had a boil and some sores on her underparts,boil on her lower back. She in a wheelchair for heirnated & bulging disks. Anyhow, i find out from the friend that took her that they also said she may or maynot be showing signs of mrsa. I am 25 wks pregnant, I have a 2 yr old, and we are going over thier for easter dinner. Im a little freaked out about it, not sure how to confront her about it. What if she forgets to wash her hands cooking, she isnt taking any precautions, she is acting like nothing is wrong,she washes her clothes with her husbands and my 11 yr old brothers along with my sister and her 10 mth olds clothes. Should I be concerned>? Im worrying my self sick over this and just dont know how to handle this kind of situation. Thank You! and god Bless!
Tue, 16 Dec 2014