What causes boil in anus?

I had anal cancer, had tumor removed, then took chemo through picc line and radiuation 28 treatments IMRT i coninue to have itching, like a yeast infection inside snd out , and now I have a boil could the radiation be a cause of this, my last treatment wass 12-6-2010
Thu, 7 May 2015
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your situation and problem.
In my opinion, you should consult doctor and get done clinical examination of your anus.
Because we need to rule out local recurrence of anal cancer.
Boil can also be the possibility in your case.
Chemotherapy and local radiotherapy make patient immunocompromised and hence infections are common.
So better to consult doctor and rule out infection and local recurrence.
You may need biopsy of that lump with histopathological examination to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
Thanks.