What causes blurred vision and flickering light in the vision field?

What would be the cause of both eyes periodically experiencing a c shape blur with flickering light zzzs traveling through sight? it is impossible to see through these episodes that last 15 minutes. When I close my eyes, it is still happening in the darkness. I do not experience any pain with these.
Fri, 20 Jul 2018
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Sounds like floaters . To rule out any retinal hole or tear we need a complete retinal examination . If any problem is there we might need to do a retinal laser.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.