• question-icon

What causes blue discoloration in the palms?

I am a female 61 years old and tonight I noticed that the the inside of my hands had a bluish tint. I rubbed them for a while and it went away. They were not tingling or numb. What would cause this? I am not on any prescription medication. Just multi vitamin and calcium. I have been off of hormone replacement therapy for two months and are trying to cope with hot flashes and night sweats. I would say I have approximately 10 hot flashes and up to 3 night sweats per night. My sleep is of course interrupted. Any suggestions?
Thu, 6 Dec 2018

It can be a sign of vascular conditions like Reynolds.

Consult a physician and plan for a vascular Doppler.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,