What causes blood in vaginal discharge?

I need to ask a question ... i have had little blood in vaginal discharge 7 to 8 days after mensturation .. it happened last year two three months in a row and then this year last month and now again... i have regular periods and i have absolutely no sex life ... plz tell me .. is there s9mething serious?
Mon, 21 Apr 2014
Hi I am Dr.D.Karthiga Sasi Kumar from Pondicherry
Welcome to Health Care Magic. I understand your concern.
Blood in the vaginal discharge other than menstrual periods is not normal.It would be necessary to do PAP Smear test to rule out cervical pathology.Hence it is better to consult a gynaecologist and get a vaginal examination , Ultra sound and PAP Smear testing done.

Hope this answer satisfies your query.
Feel free to consult me in future if necessary .

Thank you.