What causes blood in stool?

I am an obese 75 yr old female type2 diabetic with a history of colon polyps. Two days ago(Fri) I had freqent loose stools. I had eaten a large amount of high fiber food for the two days previous so was not concerned. But about noon on Sat. I had a very large loose and watery bowel movement that happened so fast that I was unable to make it to the bathroom which was very close. Today (Sun) I began having abdominal dicomfort. About 3pm. I started passing small blood clots with some bright red blood. It is now almost 2am. on Monday and I have been passing these clots with red blood about every 30min to one hour. I would esimate that I have passed about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of blood. My concern at this time is it serious enough to go to the ER or can I wait until I can see my GI in the morning?
Mon, 5 Feb 2018
Hello Dear

Warm welcome to Healthcare Magic

I have evaluated your query in details.

*There can be possible - intestine infection - polyp induced - others .
* Should maintain hydration with plenty of liquids and see the GI in the morning .

Hope this will help you for sure.
Wishing you fine recovery
Welcome for any further guidance
Dr. Bhagyesh ( MS , FMAS - consultant surgeon )