• question-icon

What causes blood in stool?

Can a doctor determine that Nexium was the cause of blood in a stool sample test which proved positive without further test s, and without ruling out other cause s and knowing where the blood was coming from ? Can Acid Reflux or Gerd cause bleeding or blood in stool, and if so shouldn t further testing be done to determine the cause and where the blood is coming from ? Thank s, Philip
Wed, 24 May 2017
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.

Blood in stool needs detailed evaluation.
It could be due to hemorrhoids(piles) in most of the cases. Other causes have to be ruled put before commencing the treatment.
Consult a gastroenterologist and get the necessary investigations done, which might include colonoscopy and ultrasound abdomen.
As of now you have to be on a loose blant diet to avoid constipation.
Thanks