What causes blood clots in brain with positive result for barr virus?

My daughter tested positive for the barr virus (mono). After 5 days in the hospital and terrible headaches they ordered an mri showing small blood clots in her brain. Cerebral vein thrombosis. She has since had blood tests done that have come back abnormal. She is on warafin. I have been looking for information connecting the two. Mono and clots. She is only 21, an athlete was in great shape before all this. She has lost 20 pounds because of the nausea and now is getting little sleep. We have Kaiser Insurance. We were told to wait 6 weeks for another blood test and in the meantime take oxycoden for the headaches. In 6 weeks if the blood test are still abnormal he will refer us to a hematologist. My question is should we seek a 2nd opinion and is there anything else we should be doing for her?
Mon, 8 Apr 2019