What causes blood and protein in urine?

I finished chemo for stage 1 breast cancer 13 months ago . blood test in October showed my WBC to be borderline low but nothing to be concerned about. Last blood test was 2.95 low.Getting it redone in a few weeks.. Scared maybe something serious. I did go to clinic for what maybe a UTI a few days ago. waiting for culture results . The NP said my urine did come back with a trace of blood and protein also my leckocytes were positive. Can this be why my WBC are low?
Mon, 8 Oct 2018
Dentist 's  Response

It can be due to urinary tract infection in which leucocytes, red blood cells and proteins are found on urine tests.

However, blood in the urine can also be from stones in kidneys and stones can also cause infection leading to white blood cells in urine.

You don't worry. You may need antibiotic coverage based on cultural results for few days. You may also be required for an ultrasound for stones.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar,
Dentist