What causes blood and blood clots in urine post laser TURP surgery?

I had a green light laser t.u.r.p. about three weeks ago. It s now two weeks after the catheter removal and I just a great discharge of blood and blood clots, before this my urine was mostly clear, I was instructed to call my Urologist if this occurred, it s Saturday night and there office won t be opened till monday, please advise.
Mon, 12 Sep 2016
Hello and thanks you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein and I will try to help you as much as I can with my answer.

It is common after such surgeries and may persist for up to 2 months after it and you should drink more fluids,raspberry tea and take spasmex and it should subside.When you will be able,you should consult urologist.

I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.