• question-icon

What causes blocked sensation in back of mouth?

Hi there, For the past month, I have had a sensation of a blockage in the back of my mouth, almost like the feeling of a piece of hair hanging down from my tonsils. I have had a look in my mouth, and I can see something which appears to be like an ulcer on my left palatine tonsil (basically dark-coloured spots), and I was wondering if that has caused it? Anyhow, I have been to the doctor and he gave me two types of antibiotics. Two days after my course finished, the problem calmed down somewhat. But the following Thursday, it came back (I actually felt the sensation of the hair growing back in my mouth). Difflam kind of calms the problem down because it numbs the feeling at the back of the mouth, but I know I can t use it forever. I am going to see a consultant next Monday, but if anyone has had a similar experience, I d love to hear from you. Thanking you in anticipation!!
Mon, 3 Aug 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hello

Thanks for consulting HCM

I have read your query as you have blocked sensation at back of mouth this can be due to tonsilitis , pharyngitis or strep throat . For this I will suggest you to consult Ent surgeon for clinical examination . Inmeantime do warm saline gargle 2 to3 times a day
And you can take medicine lije Azithromycin or Allegra by consulting with local doctor .

Hope this will help you .