What causes blocked nose and decongestion after sinus surgery?

Hi I had a left maxillary sinus surgery 8 months ago and recently I had a very bad attack of flu and blocked nose and decongestion. I was on 2 rounds of antibiotics Avelox for 5days with a rest of 5 days and it rebound back and was on Klacid for 8days. Now things is slightly settled but the back of my nose have a dry sensation and at times it feels like I am coming down with a laryngitis. I can feel things sticking in my nose as if there is some loose flesh and at times blocks my ear which I could not yawn to break the pressure.
Thu, 5 Dec 2019

The symptoms seem to be related to an upper respiratory tract infection. I suggest using a saline nasal spray for local applications.

I also suggest to use a humidifier at home and drink a lot of liquids. I recommend using anti-inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms if needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician