What causes bloating and constipation?

i've felt really bloated for the past few days and yesterday i constipated (not too much though) and since then the bone next to the anal passage is in pain age:23 height: 160cm weight: 62 kgs medical history: i always feel bloated before my menses and it is something which comes and goes. Apart from that no other health problems
Asked On : Fri, 14 Mar 2014
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

I understand your concern. There are many reasons for constipation. It can be due to your diet, low physical activity, etc.

Some advice that I can give you are:

1) Drink more water.
2) Eat more fiber, especially soluble, non-fermentable fiber.
3) Exercise more.
4) Drink coffee, especially caffeinated coffee.
5) Take senna; a herbal laxative.
6) Eat probiotic foods or take probiotic supplements.
7) Use laxatives.

Hope my answer was helpful. If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help.

Thank you for the query.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician