What causes bloated stomach?

Hello. My stomach is bloated and it is sensitive because it is pushed out so much. I am having cold flashes and this has been going on for two weeks. I am not having sex so i am getting a little worried. Do you have any idea what could be wrong with me?
Wed, 7 Jun 2017
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Bloating and increased sensitivity of the stomach indicates intestinal infection or intestinal obstruction as you have cold flashes too.

I would advise you the following in such a situation:
• Get a clinical evaluation by a general surgeon.
• X-ray of the abdomen in standing position to see if there is any intestinal obstruction as seen as gas-fluid levels.
CT scan of the abdomen helps further.
• Tests of stool and blood will tell about any infection and if present to be treated with an antibiotic and so on.
• If there is an obstruction then conservative treatment will be carried on and thus to see if this helps but if fails then you may need surgical intervention.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T Chandrakant