What causes blisters between the legs after swimming?

my 5 yr old was in pool when i bought him a new float to play on when he got out he had little blistters between his legs where he was rideing on float and one arm where he held on dont no what they r been putting anobitic cream on them but they r drying up but he scratches them and they open up dont no what it is
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
A rash with blisters that itches that appeared while riding a new float. I am going to make a suggestion. Your son might be allergic to the plastic that the float is made of.
It doesn't sound as if the rash is infected. You can stop the antibiotic cream.
For scratching, you may use Benadryl elixir one-half teaspoonful twice a day.
The most common side effect of Benadryl is sedation. You can give it a bedtime; be careful during the day. You can also apply Prax or Pramagel
Lotion to his skin for scratching.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Arnold Zedd, MD, FAAP