What causes bleeding when retracting foreskin?

Hi i was having a bath i retract ma foreskin and then i realise my penis began to bleed when i try to was away the blood it hurts, it bleed for about half an hour, then the bleedin kinda subcided.when i got to my room and put ma clothes on everthing was ok.then i went back to check if it had stop but then i realised that there was blood on ma shorts.But after this it stop completely. But from then whenever am having a shower i have to take ma little time to retract the foreskin because it hurts. please help me i need ur help.
Thu, 5 Dec 2019

You can have phimosis in which there is difficulty in retracting the foreskin over glans.

The inflammation of the glans penis called balanitis is the cause of it. You can apply a topical steroid cream to help in phimosis.

If no improvement than daycare surgery that is circumcision should be planned.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician