What causes bleeding in the ears?

My husband has blood drainage coming from one ear. It has happened twice in the last week. It is not excessive. He has severe sinus problems and has been working with noisy equipment this last week. No pain, just a light ringing or the last few days.
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Bloody discharge from ear may be due to trauma or tympanic membrane perforation or otitis externa etc. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Please consult your ENT specialist he will do endoscopy of ear and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.