What causes bleeding from the nose and mouth?

Hi, im fourteen years old and female. Today i leant over to grab something, i felt a trickle down my nose and mouth, looked in the mirror and realised it was blood then it started coming out of my mouth. I would say there was quite alot to say it was a nose bleed, which is why i was abit worried. A few drops of the blood was fairly thick. What could this be? Is it something i should worry about? and is there anything i should do to stop/prevent it??
Thu, 5 Dec 2019

The symptoms seem to be related to the injury. I suggest applying ice for 10 to 20 minutes at a time throughout the day for the first few days after your injury.

Take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers, such as ibuprofen. Sleep with your head raised to reduce pain and swelling.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician