What causes blackouts in a child?

Hi my name is Cassey my question is my 10 yrs old daughter has something like black outs she will just stand still won t be able to hear you nor see but when she comes out of it her vision comes back but still can t hear just can see your lips move.. but as of today it happen again but this time she piss on herself and she didn t realize til she came out of it.. do you have idea or what s going on thank you for your time...
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
Hello there I have read through your question and understand your concern. It seems your daughter is suffering from absence seizure s. The symptoms you have described point towards it. You should take her to a neurologist and get her proper assessment done. The neurologist may advise an EEG and MRI. If diagnosed she may have to be put on anti epileptic Medicines. I hope that answers your question. If you have any further questions please feel free to write. Thank you for choosing healthcare magic.