What causes black spots on the lower lips?

I have, a hard black bump just inside my lower lip. I have had it for several months. It seems to move around . it is painless and does not seems to have grown much over the last few months. Sometimes it feels more on the surface and others it seems to hide. I'm very concerned and have been having great anxiety that this could be cancerous. Please help.
Fri, 6 Oct 2017
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
The commonest cause if hard black bump inside the lower lip that sometimes is prominent and sometimes hides can most probably be due to the following reasons:
Hemangioma that has got organized.
Melanoma should be ruled out.
This can be done by:
Clinical examination by a General Surgeon.
Color doppler studies.
And excision with histopathological examination.
This will give us the definitive treatment as well as definitive diagnosis to be assured.