What causes bilateral edema and pain in feet of a cardiomyopathy patient?

my dad is an 82 year old, asian male, w/ history of cardiomyopathy, hypertention and borderline diabetes. He has ICD implanted on October 2006.He was seen recently for his complaint of bilateral edema and pain on his feet. Though the swelling does not occur at the same time. He s been experiencing the pain and swelling since August of 2010. The swelling and pain is alternating on each feet. He shows elevation on his uric acid level and responds on Naproxen. Due to his other medical condition, the provider has concern on putting him on Naproxen for a long period of time. His most recent lab results performed on 12/21/10 shows the following: Glucose: 114, Bun : 30, Creatinine 2.0, eGFR- other : 34, eGFR African American : 41, Calcium : 9.4, Total Protein : 8.6, Albumin : 3.7, Bilirubin, Total : 0.7 Alakaline Phosphatase : 121, AST : 23, ALT : 42, Sodium : 140, Potassium : 3.9, Chloride : 104, CO2: 28, Cholesterol : 137, Triglyceride : 214, HDL : 34, LDL (Calculated) :60, Cholesterol: HDL Ratio: 4.0, LDL:HdL Ratio: 1.76, VLDL (Calculate) 43, Abs. Monocyte: 0.6, Abs. Eosinophil : 0.2, Abs. Basophil : 0.0, PSA, Free: 0.29, PSA Total : 0.63, PSA, Free% Calc : 46, Free T4 : 1.56, TSH : 1.27, WBC Count: 7.4, RBC Count : 4.59, Hemoglobin : 14.2, Hematocrit : 41.5, MCV : 90, MCH : 90, MCHC : 34.2, RDW: 13.2, Platelet Count: 210, Diff Type : automated, Neutrophil: 60, Lymphocytes: 28, Monocyte: 9, Eosinophil: 3, Basophil: 0, aba. Neutrophil : 4.4, Aba. Lymphocite: 2.1. An X-ray of his bilateral ankle taken on 12/21/10 shows moderate degenerative change. Three views of each ankle were obtained for a total of six views. Bony mineralization is normal. No fracture or acute osseous abnormality is evident. The joint spaces are well maintained with minor osteophyte formation. He is presently scheduled for his ICD battery replacement on February 4, 2011. Today, I ll take him for the following lab works: Renal Panel, 24-hr Urine Protein and Creatine and Hba1c. The patient is currently taking the following medication: Micardis 40mg once a day, Coreg 6.25 Twice a day, Furosemide 80mg Twice a day, Theragran-M once a day, Zocor 40mg once daily, Singulair 10mg once daily. I am his daughter and I am the one responsible for his health care. Thank you very much for your time. I need your guidance. I have concern about his stability prior to his scheduled procedure. I know that it is a n out-patient procedure. However, I cannot afford to overlook any other possible medical condition. I look forward to your reply.
Mon, 3 Dec 2018