What causes backache while suffering from an ovarian cyst?

a little over 2 months ago I found out I have a 4 inch cyst on my ovary (not specified) I didn’t ask questions because I knew nothing about cysts, so i didn’t know what to ask. I have had persistent pain in my lower back, and pain in my legs more frequently (mostly my left). I still don’t know what to ask, but a little feedback on cysts would be very helpful.
Thu, 1 Mar 2018
Thank you for your query.

Ovarian cysts can vary in size and type.
If it is too big (more than 5 cms), they may need to reduce it size or remove it.

What you need to ask your doctor:
-what kind of cyst it is? Simple or complex.
-if the size is reducing?
- if it is hemorrhagic?
-what the treatment options are.

Your symptoms are suggestive of compression of the surrounding tissues due to the cyst.

A simple cyst is mostly nothing to worry about unless it twists and cuts off blood supply to the ovary (torsion)
A complex cyst needs to be removed to check for tumor or bleeding.

Medications can reduce the size of simple functional cysts which resolve on its own or can be removed laparoscopically (minimally invasive).

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Wish you good health.